Wednesday, September 15, 2010

practice

I cannot wait to braid our little girl's hair one day.
I imagine threading, turning, and twisting each little piece of hair on their heads to form perfect little french braids. I imagine their inevitable brown head little selves all lined up on Easter morning, in their matching dresses. I imagine an especially adorable little one with jet black hair, snuggled up close to her oldest sister, inseparable best friends. I imagine little brown and black haired boys, with permanent dirt stains on their knees, rushing clumsily around from the backyard to line up with their sisters, the littlest one lagging behind and his daddy scoops him and carries him over on his shoulders...I imagine braids and my heart trails off into the bigger, better, fuller dreams of family, of future. I dream and my heart swells.
But until that day comes I will continue to practice with all my might, perfecting the braid that will one day adore the greatest blessing we have yet to experience.
"you are my hiding place; you will protect me from trouble and surround me with songs of deliverance.
Selah"
Psalms 32:7

 "I Dreamed a Dream" - Glee

1 comment:

jaims said...

Beautiful. You brought tears to my eyes… Love you, darlin.