Sunday, September 5, 2010

our wedding day: part 1


The morning of the wedding I'd like to say I remember what it felt like to wake up that morning knowing that today was the day everything would change. I do remember staying up late because of course I had yet to pack for the honeymoon and of course my mom was packing everything for me helping me pack everything at around midnight when we finally got home from the rehearsal event. I was completely useless, I just laid on the bed like a zombie with mountains of clothes all around me wanting nothing more than to fall fast asleep. Thank the Lord for my Moma and that last night in the house I'd spent my entire 22 years growing up in. There were no teary eyes, no reminiscing of moments when I was a baby; it was perfectly us, perfectly normal, and perfectly comfortable. It was the perfect way to spend my last evening as a Ms.
 The morning of the wedding began with hair appointments for me and all my ladies with the only woman I trust with my hair. She has done my hair for every single homecoming, prom, not to mention saved me from all of my rainbow of failed dyeing attempts. It was imperative to me that I have her on this day. The salon also provided bagels from Panera (YUM) and fresh fruit for us that morning. My good friend/God-send Amanda got up bright and early to bring me my necessary Starbucks for the big day. I love that woman (pictured below with the sleeve of glory on her arm). She also gave me the "Soon to Be Mrs. Shank" robe which I ended up wearing pretty much every single day of our honeymoon.
 Apparently it's necessary to tease the mess out of your hair...
 And then magically it becomes something beautiful....
 And your sister/MOH looks on with a joyfilled smile...
 and, like I said, I never doubted her skill because she always keeps it simple, elegant, and beautiful.
 She even did my make-up for me. I felt completely at ease and serene the entire morning....
 There was nothing but smiles and laughter as the girls spent the morning putting their own special twist on each of their hairdos. I am so thankful we decided to get married in my hometown. There is something about that little place that sets everything within me at ease. When I am surrounded by so much familiarity it is hard not to just be. It is hard not to experience anything but intended happiness.
 Not to mention I got to spend the morning with this sweet little face. :)

I cannot think of a more supportive core group of women in my life to have with me on the morning of our big day than these six. Jason's sisters, my sister, me, my best friend from college, best friend from high school, and best friend since birth. The circle was so full and complete that morning and it only served to amplify the reality of what was to come later that day...


Ni Hao Y'all

4 comments:

Jen said...

Oh my! What a wonderful day! I love how it is all about YOU and your girls and your morning... as I am sure there will be many more about you and your new life as a wife! You are all stunning!

Unknown said...

I like your idea of recording your life like a scrapbook on your blog. I started a traditional scrapbook for my wedding shortly after the honeymoon. The album was full before I could finish!

P.S. I have this theory, that potholes are spreading across the south... (kidding)

Kristy
http://life-n-reflection.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

Spectacular pictures. You look gorgeous!

Also, I gave you an award! Check out the blog. :-)

Stefanie said...

You are blessed indeed. What a great group of friends and family you have to surround you on your very special day :)
Love the sweats!