Monday, May 24, 2010

Pressing on, faithfully & determined


"And there will come a time, you'll see, with no more tears. And love will not break your heart, but dismiss your fears. Get over your hill and see what you find there, With grace in your heart and flowers in your hair."

"After the Storm" - Mumford & Sons


Recently I have come to realize that people, places, and life is not always what it seems. People. will. let. you. down. The actions of one affect a multitude.


And marriage takes hard work, two determined souls, and a ton of open, honest, often brutally honest communication--and love, lots and lots of it.


I am a goofy girl with often lofty dreams, this much is true, but I can tell you one thing right now; through hell, high water and every imaginable or unimaginable demon there is--my marriage will last until the day I die. I promised it over 8 months ago, and I promise it now. Because that's what it is, after all, the ultimate and only promise that really matters between two people on this earth. To love as and because He first loved us.


It wasn't a suggestion, it was a declaration. A sacrificial proclamation, life is not about ME anymore, it's about US...and that us will only get bigger and more real with time.

No comments: