Sunday, January 31, 2010

wrinkles


...dismiss whatever insults your own soul,
and your very flesh shall be a great poem and have the richest fluency
not only in its words but in the silent lines of its lips and face
and between the lashes of your eyes and in every motion and joint of your body...
- Walt Whitman


Such a true argument for why plastic surgery is completely unnecessary. I have always welcomed scars eagerly, battle wounds to be proud of. I look forward to having "laugh lines" and wrinkles around my smile. I look forward to ever increasing the number of furrow wrinkles on my forehead from many an intense, intentional conversation. I cannot wait for the wrinkles to deepen in the corners of my eyes from the facial explosions that my life will bring.
I cannot wait to grow in love, grow my family, responsibilities. I cannot wait to grow my faith & my trust.
I cannot wait to grow old and live.

No comments: